Agreed that not much has been done in the past. A few things we need to accomplish to pull off a successful team.
1. Find a captain that can spearhead our team and keep us on track to tackle the teams above us.
2. Utilize the folding newsletter. We have firstname.lastname@example.org
which is our folding newsletter. Currently no one has used it but it can be a great way for the team to communicate and especially to keep track of members that tend to stray off.
3. Contests. This is where I come in. We have a very strong following, especially on the SFF side. We should tap this with various contests example any new member to fold 100 WUs qualifies for XXX prize.
Just like everyone, I need a kick in the ass from time to time also.
From folding over the past two years, and watching our team go up and down Iâ€™ve come to a few realizations.
We need a way to keep in touch, with these forums and something external to our forums. The success of folding is based on:
1. The commorodity of the team.
2. Keeping current members to keep on folding to the max.
3. Recruitment of new members.
4. Most importantly, keeping in touch with members, we have too many that just dissapear.
How does everyone feel about an e-mail list serve? We can use this to subit our personal e-mails that can be signed up and removed from very easily. This way we can e-mail eachother with team updates, encourage eachother to keep on folding, and have an e-mail address for people that just seem to dissapear for whatever reason. I know I have slipped in my folding from time to time, itâ€™s not because Iâ€™ve lost interest, Iâ€™ve just lost touch for turning on that other PC, installing it on friendâ€™s PCs etc.
This is something we can setup if people are interested. I think it would be a great way to share ideas and to promote the team.
Two old post's that you put in this forum a while back when the same thing happened Jasper, nothing that I know off came off either of them, but I think they are idea's on what needs to happen to get the amount of folder's back up again.